Sunday, July 11, 2010

Are you kidding?

A few minutes ago I received a Weather Alert from Environment Canada stating in Halifax there were "No watches or warnings in effect." This seemed a little strange to me as the forecast for the past few days has called for thundershowers for yesterday and today (though we didn't get them yesterday). I decided to check the weather warnings page (I was directed there by the aforementioned alert) on the Weather Office site and I found the following image:



What is it Weather Office? Are we subject to a weather warning or not? And in either case why is there so much conflicting information? Also, why do you issue alerts every few hours even when you have nothing to report?

I don't know why I even bother checking Weather Office forecasts anymore, they seem to be wrong more often than they are right.

Update: Apparently a Weather Alert has now been formally issued for the Halifax region, though it took almost two hours for the news to make its way from Environment Canada to my computer.

No comments: