Saturday, July 24, 2010

Big Day in Halifax

While we didn't get our taste of Kid Rock and somebody else last night, it seems that Halifax will be in for some Black Eyed Peas and Weezer tonight as part of Halifax Rocks 2010. Not surprisingly, I don't have tickets for tonight's big event. Actually, I am not even sure that I would attend if I had free tickets. I think that the most I might consider doing in these circumstances is doing a walk-by on the event to get a sense of the scale of the spectacle.

Unlike last year's Paul McCartney show, this one seems to be generating much less buzz. Presumably this is at least in part because these acts don't have the same inter-generational appeal that McCartney did and the corresponding mid or late career types who could afford the more than $100 tickets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't the second paragraph reference to "McCartney" read, "Sir Paul"?

Where is the respe't for the monarchy that one would expect from a blog written by one of Her Majesty's minions?