Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 442

-It was another bright and hot day in Halifax today (though Environment Canada suggested that there was a good chance that we would be in for showers and thunder and lightening).

-For the past few days it has been too hot for me to do much of anything. I really don't understand how people live and work in even hotter climates and locales.

-We finally managed our first win of this year's Ultimate season. Unfortunately we had to acquire the win through a default rather than skillful play. It was, nonetheless, nice to win.

-Yesterday I made some pesto pasta, by which I mean pasta that was coloured and seasoned with a number of herbs. The three herbs that I used were thyme, basil, and parsley, all of which were grown in my balcony garden.

-Things are looking up in the balcony garden. Not only are a few beans almost ready to be harvested, but most of the tomato plants now have flowers and are likely to soon have little tomatoes. A few of the other plants, including most of the herbs and the morning glories, are also growing quite nicely. I am not sure how much food I will get from this year's plantings, but I do think that things have been growing well enough for me to consider most of the plants a success.

-I need to get back to my reading.

No comments: