Monday, July 26, 2010

Michigan -1

I am presently in the Halifax Airport waiting to board my flight to Toronto. So far the wait has been pretty good, but I guess I still have about 45 minutes go before boarding. Fortunately I was able to pick up a free paper while checking in (I left my copy at home this morning).

One of the neat things about my flight is that I should be meeting my parents on board. This morning my father was able to arrange the seat assignments such that I will get to sit next to my mother from Halifax to Toronto.

Of course this change in seating assignment meant that my seat assignment changed between the time I checked-in online yesterday and the time I checked in at the airport today. At first the staff person at the counter here was somewhat confused as she didn't understand why my seat would have changed. Only once I explained the "meeting my parents on the plane" thing did she understand what was going on. Anyway, hopefully all of this seat shuffling will work out and I will get to sit next to my mother.

It seems that once we are in Toronto we will be driving to somewhere in Toronto to meet Kirsten and then spending the night there. From this location, I don't know exactly where, we will be heading down to beautiful Michigan. I still don't know exactly where we will be heading once we cross the border. The more I hear about it the more I get the sense that no one knows exactly where we will be heading.

For better or worse I have brought some work for me to do while I am on this trip. I wonder if I should reasonably expect to do any of it? While I think that it is unlikely that I will have much time to spend on studying and work, I would like to find at least a few hours on a few occasions to tackle a few of these tasks.

I guess I might consider heading towards my gate. Getting this far (to the airport and through security) only to miss my boarding call would be rather frustrating.

No comments: