Saturday, July 03, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 440

-Today, like yesterday and the day before yesterday, has been quite nice. Actually, in all three cases I might almost say that at some points during the day it has been a little too warm and the sun a little too intense. I guess I shouldn't complain as the sun being too intense is certainly more pleasant than most other options.

-The Queen has finished her visit to Halifax, though as far as I know she is still in Canada. For the most part things seem to have gone well, though her presence did muddle traffic throughout Halifax for a few days.

-A week ago during an Ultimate game I dove and then landed on my fist. Since then the area of my chest on which I landed has been hurting. The whole feeling is sadly quite reminiscent of the time I broke my rib a few years ago. Thus, after almost two weeks of continued pain, I am becoming more and more certain that I did in fact break one of my ribs by landing on my fist. I guess the good news is that now that I am two weeks in it is less painful than it was in the days after the experience. Hopefully within a few weeks I will be back to normal.

-We have another Ultimate game tomorrow. Hopefully we won't be trounced quite as badly as we were last weekend.

-A few days ago I mentioned that I might try to post a few photos of the Queen. Obviously that didn't happen. Here is one that also includes many of the other bigwigs attending the Garrison Grounds event.



It was basically as exciting as this photos would suggest.

No comments: