Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 466

-We are in the midst of another pretty nice fall day in Halifax.

-Last night Nick, Rebecca's brother, and his girlfriend came into town and were at our apartment for a portion of the evening. This dovetailed nicely with my relatively intense week. Their presence gave me an excuse to take a break from work and relax. That being said, I think I may have found ways to relax had that not been here, though I may not have convinced myself that having a few beers was a worthwhile endeavour.

-We managed to lose our ultimate game on Wednesday by a wide margin. The irony being that the team to which we lost on Wednesday is the team against which we won our final game of the summer season, a win which made us pool B champions.

Actually, tonight is the night of summer Ultimate league party at which we will be presented with our prize for winning pool B. At this point I don't think any of us know what this might be, though I can't imagine that it will be too impressive.

-On Thursday night, after a week of intense reading, I finally finished John Porter's classic The Vertical Mosaic. I will have the pleasure of discussing this book in a classroom setting on Monday.

-I am just finishing my most recent round of laundry. Nothing quite like two loads of laundry to really kick off a Saturday afternoon.

No comments: