Saturday, October 02, 2010

Our McGill man in Ottawa

It seems that former McGill University president David Johnston has sworn in as Canada's new Governor General. Even though I bear something of a strong antipathy towards McGill administration, somehow this individual's past association with McGill has encouraged me to listen up whenever I hear his name. As much as I might not like to admit it, my association with McGill has likely left some kind of mark on me, even if I don't yet know the precise nature of that mark.

All of this being said, I think that Johnston's back ground and experience will serve him well in his new role. Furthermore, I am inclined to go so far as to think that he will actually do a very good job. Hopefully he will bring to the job an understanding of the constitution and operations of government that has not always been present among our Governors General.

No comments: