Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 465

-Wow, we have had some really bad weather these past few days. Yesterday was incredibly windy and rainy, and, in our part of town, may have actually been worse that Hurricane Earl (though we didn't lose power). Today we were just stuck with heavy rain for several hours and then grey skies for the rest of the day. Sadly, tomorrow doesn't look as though it will be much of an improvement.

-This week wasn't a particularly successful Ultimate week for me. On Tuesday I played on Jeannette's intramural team. We were slaughtered, and Jeannette managed to sustain a minor leg injury when hit by two opposing players near the end of the game. On Wednesday, our regular team was decimated. Hopefully this upcoming week isn't so bad.

-I have been working hard these past few days. Aside from readings in a few books that I have completed throughout the day, I just quickly read (and enjoyed) two articles. I guess I should try to do a bit more tonight. And whether I like it or not, tomorrow is also going to be heavy (as are the rest of the days of the week, month, and year).

-One of the aforementioned articles happened to be about the implementation of multiculturalism policies, which makes it pretty funny that just before I learned that that would be the subject of the article I happened upon an article about Germany declaring multiculturalism to be a failure. Ironically, the work that I read specifically cited Germany as a country without a real multiculturalism policy, making this article all the more interesting.

-Back to work.

1 comment:

Donald McKay said...

I believe that it was Chancellor Merkel (not Germany) who called multiculturalism a total failure.