Sunday, October 31, 2010

Scary sight?

For the past few years my father has tended towards politically charged/relevant pumpkin carvings for Halloween. If I recall correctly this trend started with a carving of the UN logo and then transitioned towards political figures.

This year Newfoundland's premier, Danny Williams, was the subject of the carving. And while I may be slightly biased, I think that this is a pretty accurate likeness, at least for a pumpkin carving. It was certainly good enough for me to know the subject without being told.



Anyway, it seems that at least one of this year's trick or treaters was moved by the carving to the point of putting a foot through it. Though this was a rather unfortunate turn of events, I think that I have to consider this year's pumpkin a resounding success.

No comments: