Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Arizona Weather

As some of you will likely recall, just a few weeks ago I was in Arizona during a period of strange weather. One of the weather phenomena that occurred during our stay was hail, though where we were the hailstones were so small that they were mistakable for snow once that had fallen.

It turns out that that wasn't the case everywhere in Arizona, particularly in Phoenix. In Phoenix the hail that fell in some places was golfball sized. Not surprisingly, these hailstones were capable of doing a fair bit of damage. While I was still in Phoenix I heard that several hundred rental cars had been taken out of service because of broken windows as a result of the hail storm.

This morning, because of a video that my father sent me, I was finally able to see some footage of this hail storm. I am not sure what I was expecting, but this was much more intense that I thought possible.



[Embedded video]

Hopefully I never have to experience such a storm.

No comments: