Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Coincidence?

This morning I received an email notification from Amazon.ca indicating that they were now offering free shipping on orders exceeding $25.00 in value.

Just a few minutes ago I received an email from Chapters/Indigo indicating that they would now be offering free shipping on orders exceeding $25.00 in value.

Similar announcements are also on the main pages of both sites.

As these two emails came from distinct businesses I presume that these two emails are unrelated?

What I find most impressive about this is how long it took for this relatively low free-shipping limit to make its way from the US to Canada. I know that when I left New York in 2003 Barnes and Noble were even going so far as to offer free same day delivery in Manhattan on purchases over $25.00, and now, almost seven years later, we only have some of the services that have long been available in the US.

No comments: