Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A Few Quick Notes 138

-Today start much like yesterday, with snow and a little bit of wind. As the day turned into night it seems that both the snow and the wind found more habitable locales as they don’t seem to have stuck around to wait for the clean up. It was also much warmer today than the day before the storm, I can’t really comment about yesterday’s temperatures as I didn’t venture outdoors.

-Today, just like the past few days, was full of schoolwork. Just moments ago I killed off another assignment, which means only about three more things on which to be graded for the rest of the semester. Unfortunately, as I have been working on other pieces of work these final three items have received less attention, though I guess I have a few more during which I can focus attention on them.

-Now that I have discovered that the space between my two window-panes can be used to cool beer I am using it more frequently for such activities. This means that I no longer have to either drink warm beer (which I don’t mind all that much) or go to the fridge when I would like a cold beer.

-My stash of leftovers is still holding up nicely. I think that I should get by for another few days without having to cook anything other than starch products and vegetables.

-Today I saw a job posting for a cataloging position in Fargo, North Dakota. I looked at the map only to find that Fargo seems to be about 150 miles from anywhere, which is nice if you like that kind of thing. I am a little more used to being about 1000 miles and a body of water from anywhere.

-At least one of you thinks that I am being hard on Montreal, which may be true. Though it is also true that Montreal has particularly dirty dust. Unfortunately, I tend to focus on the negative rather than the positive (as everyone can see the positive, and I only I can immediately spot the negative elements in any given situation). In the future, if I come across anything that is particularly striking (in a good way) about Montreal I will try to mention it, at least if I remember.

No comments: