Friday, December 21, 2007

A Few Quick Notes 142

-Though the temperature in St. John’s has been on the rise, it still seems bitterly cold (which is what wind and water do when combined with sub-zero temperatures). Though I keep expecting it, we haven’t had much snow in the past few days.

-As hinted at in the previous post, last night my father, uncle, brother, sister, and I went to the Rooms for some free beer and an artist’s talk. The free beer, provided by Storm Brewery, was in association with the piece ‘Candahar.’ The artist’s talk was by Annette Manning.

-The fridge and freezer here are on the full side. It is my plan to get people to eat some of the contents so that we will be able to have room to store post-Christmas leftovers. As I haven’t articulated this plan to all that many residents of this house we will have to see how things go.

-My life has been relatively quiet and unsocial since my return. Maybe in the next few days I might actually get around to seeing a few people.

-This jump into the realm of socializing seems somewhat inevitable as I will be attending my grade 7 reunion on Saturday night. It should be just like library school as the gender balance was just about the same, or even a little more skewed.

-Neil is still a slacker and doesn’t seem to be able to find the time to post even though he does find the time to use his computer for several hours a day.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Neil certainly has not found time in the past week to use his computer for several hours a day or surely he would respond to my emails.

Neil said...

Rebecca is correct here. I was using my computer for several hours a day in Halifax, and I wasn't posting then. Now, I am home and busy and barely using my computer.