Sunday, December 16, 2007

A Few Quick Notes 141

-Today brought with it a somewhat sizable snow storm. As of yet, the high winds and blowing snow have not been as bad as I expected, but as weather seems to be a bit tamer here than in St. John's, maybe this is all we were supposed to get. More interesting was that at about 1:00 PM we had lightning, followed by thunder. This is the first time that I have every experienced either of these phenomena in the snow.

-As of last night I and finished with my busing responsibilities. Unfortunately, a shift I had hoped would provide me with a little extra cash failed to do so. It seems that one sure way to have bad, or almost non-existent tips is to work a externally catered family friendly event. For eight hours of work we each made just a little more than we made in an hour the previous day. Of course, this didn't mean that we had to do any less work.

-My packing is going relatively smoothly. For the most part I am just packing clothing and items that I don't or won't need in Montreal in the coming months. Not surprisingly, my two extra pair of hiking boots, and the extra pair of winter boots that I have should be able to be sent back without too many problems.

The best part about this is that the packing has been very quick. As soon as some socks that I plan on packing air-dry I will be just about done.

-On Friday, after punching out at about 2:00 AM, I went over to a co-worker's apartment for a party. After a few hours I then had the pleasure of walking home at 6:00 AM. The only down side was that the sidewalks were particularly icy, which at one point caused me to slip and wipe-out just north of the Hotel Dieu hospital.

-As I will be flying out tomorrow I thought it might be good to get a sense of how much the storm is messing up today's flights. It seems that a huge number of other people are also interested in seeing how messed up today's flights are, so many that the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Airport web page is inaccessible because the "server is too busy." Hopefully I will eventually be able to get a sense of the delay situation. Though I don't expect this to be the case, I do hope that my flight isn't too screwed up.

-Neil did make it back safely to St. John's, though he clearly has not found the five minutes or so needed to make a post indicating such.

No comments: