Monday, December 31, 2007

A Few Quick Notes 144

-Today, as well as the past few days, have seen additional centimeters of snow fall over the greater St. John's area. It seems that the region is being hit by snowstorm after snowstorm. The up side of all of this is that my father has been able to maximize the use of his new snow blower.

-For some reason I decided to bake bread today. I ended up with a somewhat sweet molasses multi-grain bread, though I didn't use a recipe. This is actually the first time that I have just eye-balled all ingredients, and fortunately it seemed to have worked out.

-As tonight is New Year's eve it seems that I will have a social engagement or two. This is really not what I was hoping for. I really wanted to be able to somehow miss the entire evening, or at least just have a particularly quiet night without the interference of New Year's parties.

-Several days ago I received a small tripod that can be fastened to various object through the use of an attached Velcro strap. Last night I discovered that that the tripod can be attached to my sister's remote controlled truck. I also think that I should be able to attach the tripod to my bike's handle bars, for all the fun that will be.

No comments: