Friday, July 11, 2008

A Few Quick Note 197

-It seems that the weather has finally taken a turn for the worse. I woke up this morning to find overcast skies and rain. While the rain finished up by about the time I made it to work, the skies have remained overcast all day. The particularly unpleasant part of the day is that it has been very muggy, so much so that I feel as though I haven't stopped sweating.

-My Frisbee was handed another loss at Frisbee last night. For the first time this season we had relatively high wind during the game. I didn't play particularly well in these conditions (though I can't blame everything on the wind). Hopefully we will turn things around at our two games next week.

-The cat, dog, and fish that I am taking care of while house-sitting seem to generally be doing well.

Actually, I think that I am starting to notice some behaviour patterns. It seems that the dog gets up early in the morning (between 4:30 and 5:30) to urinate. Aside from this trip outside it seems to sleep through the night. The cat seems to make noise at some point in the night, though with a lesser degree of regularity. After making noise, the purpose of which I haven't been able to figure out, the cat seems to go to bed (sometimes in the bathroom sink).

-I don't have work on Monday because of Orangeman's Day. A Catholic friend of mine was very disgusted to learn that many of the research facilities that he planned on visiting on Monday will be closed. I am sure the originators of the celebration would be pleased to know that even hundreds of years later they are still rubbing their victory in and inconveniencing Catholics.

-Neil has spent about a week in his new apartment and still not sent me any photos of the place even though several days before he moved in I requested that he do so. As this will eventually also be my place of residence I am very interested in seeing what it looks like.

-As I mentioned a few days ago, last weekend I planted a new set of bean seeds. Just this afternoon I noticed that about ten of these seeds have started to sprout. Hopefully in the coming days more will become visible.

Though I am not too optimistic that this will actually, I really would like to get at least a meal or two of these beans in before I leave for Halifax. I guess my only comfort is that even I don't get to eat them someone else will in my absence.

No comments: