Monday, July 28, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 203

-So far today has been pretty nice. I woke up to find clear skies and
tolerable temperatures. The only problem with the weather so far is
that the humidity is a little higher than one might want (but at least
the temperature isn't in the 30s).

-On the 30th one house-sitting job will come to an end and another
will start. I will go from caring for a dog, a cat, and several fish
to caring for two cats. I really hope that the new cats will be a
little more respectful of my desire to have uninterrupted sleep
sessions than the current cat is. As much as I am not a fan of
picking up dog droppings, I do think that I will miss having a reason
to go on a walk every evening (and I know that without a explicit need
it won't happen).

-Amicus was down for some period of time this morning. This is at
least the second time this summer that I have encountered such
problems. I have not found an explanation for the service outage in
either instance.

-My beans seem to be doing well, though they aren't as tall as I might
like (maybe they are 'Tuckamore beans'). A few days ago my mother
transplanted a few of the plants to fill in the bed and also to allow
a more appropriate amount of space for each plant.

Though things seem to be going well I fear that if the rate of growth
that we are presently experiencing continues I won't have a chance to
consume any of the beans before I leave. I guess this isn't the end
of the world.

-The blackcurrants in our backyard are almost ripe. The raspberries
on my walk home from work are also almost ripe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am kind of jealous of your beans. Also, Amicus was down all day yesterday too.

Cameron said...

I think that you may be in one of the few places in Canada with a shorter Summer than us.

Strange that Amicus was down for over a day. If you find somewhere that provides explanations or status updates please let me know.