Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 200

-Though the day started off with patches of gray skies things seemed to have cleared up nicely. Actually, I imagine that the temperature and humidity have really reason as the day has progressed. Hopefully by the time I am ready to leave work things will have returned to a more acceptable level.

-My brother, father, and I have been actively watching Michael Watson's progress at the Bellagio Cup in Las Vegas. As of last night all but six of the players have been eliminated (Watson was the chip leader). Today's play will determine the winner of the tournament. This event is to be filmed and may eventually end up being aired in some format.

As always, regular updates are available through World Poker Tour Live Updates.

As things stand right now Watson is still the chip leader with only 5 players left.

-This morning I decided to head to the bathroom to brush my hair after my shower. As I entered the room I sensed something was a little off. I was quickly able to determine what was wrong with the scene. It seems that there was a turd of some sort sitting on the edge of the bathroom sink.

Though I didn't see the placement of this turd, I am pretty sure that it came from the cat. My presumption, though this may be an over-reaction, is that this was intentional on the part of the cat. I assume that it was upset at me for something (such as not letting it come into the bedroom this morning) so it found a way to take out its anger on me.

Assuming this is the case, that the cat has some grudge against me, I am in a bit of a tight spot. I can't try to discipline the cat (as I don't know how to do that), nor I can I simply ignore the cat. It seems that my best approach is to actually try to endear myself to the cat so that it won't be tempted to do such things in the future (though how I am to go about doing this I have no idea). If this approach doesn't work I guess I will be cleaning up cat feces for the better part of the next two weeks.

-A few days ago I purchased a small stove-top espresso maker. I was thinking that a jolt from espresso in the morning would help wake me up more quickly and allow me to be more productive at work. Unfortunately, it seems that the espresso that comes from this machine doesn't have quite the same bite as the stuff I used to make at Thomson House.

-Yesterday while walking the greyhound through a field we both spotted a hare on the path about 30 feet ahead of us. Almost simultaneously we both decided to run for it. Amazingly, I don't think that I slowed the dog down by all that much, but I guess with a leash in play is hard to really know how much of an impact I had.

No comments: