Wednesday, July 02, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 192

-Today has been another nice day. Amazingly, the higher temperatures did not make my walk to work particularly unpleasant.

-While yesterday was both Memorial Day (until noon, and in Newfoundland and Labrador only) and Canada Day I didn't participate in any of the available activities. Instead of an active member of the community I stayed at home and kept to myself, and eventually got around to chopping up several pounds worth of vegetables.

-The celery that I am eating right now is not particularly good. Neither the flavour or texture meet my exacting standards.

-Instead of book marking or remembering the URL for the Amicus, each day I go to Google and search for it.

When I first started doing this some number of years ago I learned that the first hit was actually for a union in the UK, rather than the Canadian union catalogue. Eventually I trained myself to go to the correct link (though it took a fair bit of time).

At some point in time, though I don't really know when, this union was dropped to a lower position by Google.

Just today I unfortunately found that the union has once again been returned to the prime position for the 'Amicus' search. Maybe I will have to try and post the link in a few places to get my preferred Amicus back in the prime spot.

-In the coming days Neil will be moving to a new apartment. This is particularly important to me because as of late August this will be my new apartment. Hopefully the move will go well and the transition to the new apartment will be smooth and painless.

As I was able to send many of my goods to Halifax when I left Montreal many of my belongings will be in the apartment when I arrive. Furthermore, the plan is to have Neil and Rebecca unpack all of the communal type objects and put them away, thus preventing a major re-arrangement of items once I arrive.

-Will I get my diploma? This is something that I have been wondering about since I missed my graduation ceremony about a month ago. I would have thought that McGill would have just mailed it to me, but I guess that hasn't happened yet. Maybe if I don't see any action on this front I will have to look into the matter.

No comments: