Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 201

-Though it was rainy an overcast much of yesterday, today thing seem to be back on track. The skies are clear and blue, and the temperatures seem to be acceptable, though maybe a little high.

-Michael Watson managed to hold on to his chip lead and win the Bellagio Cup IV for $1.67 million. There are a few pictures circulating of Watson posing with a large stack of bills (presumably $1.67 million) his WPT bracelet, and the winning hand.

-Yesterday I attended a 'pool party' in the CBS area. Because of the rain and overcast skies the pool component of the event was just rained out. Instead we stayed inside. Eventually the Wii performance games were brought out.

While it was somewhat impressive to see these games, I don't quite think that I have been made a Wii convert yet, or a karaoke game convert.

-It seems that the dog was a little under the weather yesterday. At one point mid-afternoon it puked on the living room rug, and was thinking about doing it a second time when I herded it outside. In the following hours it seemed to be a little under the weather. By about midnight I had the sense that it was back to normal. This has also been my feeling today, it seems that the puking, or what caused the puking, did not have a long term effect.

-My bike seat is a little lose. If I don't want to lose my newly acquired nut and bolt I will have to tighten things up in the very near future. Actually this is a simple project that I should really try to take care of this afternoon.

No comments: