Tuesday, July 08, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 195

-Just like the past few days, today's weather is quite passable. It seems that we have clear skies and low winds. The only complaint might be that it is on the hot side (but that may just be because I am sensitive to such things).

-On Saturday I purchased a new pair of sunglasses, so far I am quite please with my purchase. The last pair broke when I was trying to straighten one of the arms.

-After about a month and a half I finally got around to re-planting my bean patch. Due to cold weather and a lack of sun my first set of beans didn't really take off. Hopefully the better weather will allow this round of seeds to flourish (even if I won't be here to reap the benefits).

-It seems that construction season is now in full swing. Not only is Prince Philip Parkway somewhat obstructed because of construction projects, my own street (one that is not a main thoroughfare) is having some rather major patch work done. Hopefully things will be back to normal soon as the construction crews making walking to work a little more difficult than it should be.

-Today while doing some cataloging I came across a third LCC cataloging joke (the first being that the Bible is in subclass BS; the second that subclass VD is used for things relating to Naval Seamen). It seems that LCC puts French Canadian literature in the subclass PQ. Maybe it is just me that finds this funny.

-This morning I started started a house sitting gig. Almost as soon as I walked in the house I found that one of the fish was dead. Fortunately the net was conveniently located and I was able to scoop it out and flush it without too much trouble. Luckily the owners were aware of the problems with the tank (and doing their best to rectify them) before I arrived so I won't be overly criticized for the death of this goldfish. I just hope that remaining fish are able to hold on.

When I make it back to the house this evening I will have to feed the fish, cat, and dog, and take the dog for a walk. I am hoping that this last task won't be too trying as I am not particularly familiar with dog walking.

-It turns out that not a big fan of the P subclasses that are used for the classification of literature. I feel that there are far too many tables and not that in the end the whole system isn't all that much better than just arranging the books alphabetically by author (and then sub-arranging them by title or date), as this is basically what occurs in many sections any way (but only after works by authors from different countries have been segregated from one another).

2 comments:

Neil said...

You broke the sunglasses I gave you, and told the internet before me? sniffle

Cameron said...

I know that you communicate with the internet more frequently than you communicate with me (for the time being anyway).