Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I think I may have fixed the internet again

So shortly after my recent post (and an email to webmasters) about the New York state senate's anti-anonymity on the internet bill's website and the non-appeareance of comments comments from the past week appeared.

While I don't know if my actions were directly responsible for the appearance of comments on the site, the time does seem a little suspicious.  That being said, I really hope that New York State Senate doesn't have a system that requires additional feedback before they post comments on legislative proposals.  Such a system would seem to undermine much of the point of a system of web-based commenting on legislation.

Anyway, it's nice to see that there are now 16 comments on this questionable piece of legislation.  It would be even nicer if the public had some way of knowing how many comments have been submitted and if any have been rejected.

No comments: