Monday, June 14, 2010

Round Two

A few days ago I posted about my failed attempt to make Afghans, a type of cookie popular in New Zealand. It seems that not only did I draw attention to my failure by writing a relatively long post about it, but my friend Nicole has also linked to the post from the blog that first introduced me to the concept of Afghans.

The day after my failed Afghan attempt my mother pointed out that one of the recipes I consulted had the ingredient quantities available not only in metric, but also in imperial. To prove to myself and others that I am not as bad a baker as the first batch of Afghans would suggest I decided to try again, this time with the imperial version of the recipe in hand.

Fortunately, this time things worked out and the cookies didn't melt into 2-dimensional disks that were too brittle to pick up.



Actually, the cookies turned out quite nicely (even if I didn't have full walnut halves at my disposal). That being said, for any of you interested in trying the recipe I would suggest adding a little extra icing sugar to the icing, without this extra sugar the icing will likely be too runny.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They look very tasty.