Monday, June 28, 2010

A Royal Visit or A Rainfall of Majestic Proportions

A few weeks ago it was announced that the Queen and Prince Philip, her royal sidekick and companion, would be making a trip to Canada that would commence with a visit to Halifax. After some initial hesitation, I decided that I might actually try to check out one or two of the events, this was largely because I don't have any firm commitments that would prevent me from doing so.

Now that the first day of the visit is upon us conditions have changed somewhat. Instead of today being a nice summer's day, as many of us in Halifax hoped, it is instead overcast and rainy (and has been this way for quite a number of hours). While we still have a few hours before the public spectacle at Garrison Grounds, I presume that much of the damage has been done and that conditions will be unpleasant for spectators no matter what condition the skies are in at the time of talk. I guess the upside of all of this is that if I do decide to go I have to think that I will have the opportunity for a relatively better view because of the impact that the rain is likely to have on prospective attendees. Anyway, I guess I will just wait and see and make a final decision closer to the time of the event (which is presently scheduled to start at 3:00).

No comments: