Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 437

-Today, like yesterday, is beautiful. The only blemish on these otherwise perfect days has been somewhat higher than average wind.

-On Saturday night I was walking in our neighbourhood when I happened across a wallet lying on the sidewalk. Thinking that someone in the area may have dropped it, I picked the wallet up to see if I could find an address for the owner. While I was able to find an address and several pieces of ID, I also noticed that the wallet did not contain any cash or credit cards (basically just a variety of pieces of ID). While I presume that this means that the owner of the wallet lost things like credit cards and cash, that I returned the wallet to the police likely means that he didn't lose his birth certificate and SIN card. I can't imagine how much more unpleasant this guy's life would have been had he also lost all of his ID.

-We had our first Ultimate game of the season. While we were in the lead for much of the game, the final result was a tie. For the most part the game went well, though there were a few rules related issues that the other team wasn't particularly helpful when it came to solving.

-Just a few minutes ago, because I watched a CBC news clip, I learned that there are fire ants in Halifax and the surrounding areas. Until seeing this clip I assumed that these little guys hadn't yet made their way out of the US south, though I was clearly about 20 years (if not more) behind the times with this assumption.

-Starting tomorrow I (with Neil and Rebecca's help) will be taking on my first Halifax cat-sitting gig. Some friends are heading out of town for a long weekend and we offered to watch their cats provided that they would allow us to use their car. Given these obligations this weekend should be a more interesting weekend than most.

-It seems that the Queen Elizabeth II will be coming to town on June 28th for a visit.

We are hoping to get a chance to catch her famous wave (as demonstrated below):

GIF animations generator gifup.com


-Hopefully I should be able to get some squash in tonight.

-A library school friend of mine, Mary, was in Halifax yesterday and spent last night with us. It was really great to see her again. I am hoping that in the not too distant future I might get a chance to see a few other friends from library school.

2 comments:

Jess said...

I'm jealous. I want to see that iconic wave. Doubt she's passing through Osan, though.

Cameron said...

At first I thought you were referring to the iconic blue wave located on Halifax's water front - which I visited with Mary.