Friday, June 04, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 435

-After something of a slow and rainy start today turned into a rather nice day. By about 6:30 PM the sun was out and the temperature was quite pleasant. Fortunately I was able to take advantage of some of this nice weather.

-Though it is somewhat late on a Friday night, just a few minutes ago I put a batch of brownies in the oven. This is a little bit strange for me as I am not really a brownie person. I decided upon this recipe as it seemed pretty straightforward and I had all of the ingredients in the apartment. I am curious about how these will turn out as the recipe seems to rely on whipped eggs rather than any sort of leavening agent to reduce the density of the resulting brownies.

-It seems that over the course of the past few weeks I have been doing chin-ups less frequently. I think that my success with clapping chin-ups provided me with a sense of accomplishment that I then allowed myself to use an excuse not to do them regularly. Hopefully in the coming days and weeks I can get back into the routine of cranking out a few chin-ups a few times a day.

-Our Ultimate season is scheduled to start on Sunday. While there is still some confusion about who will be on our team, I am looking forward to again regularly playing Ultimate. Hopefully the confusion regarding team membership won't overshadow the rest of the experience.

-Though they haven't been receiving much sun lately, my balcony garden does seem to be showing some signs of growth. Hopefully within a day or two I will be able to provide a more detailed report.

-Tonight while at the local fancy-food grocery store I noticed that they were selling coffee plant starter kits. Not surprisingly, I broke down and purchased one. As some of you may know, my search for coffee plant seeds is how I found out about tobacco seeds, a type of plant I have now been growing for almost a year. As it seems that coffee seed germination is slow, I don't expect to have much progress to report on this front until late summer or early fall.

No comments: