Friday, June 11, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 436

-Though there were a few overcast periods, my sense of things (now that I reflect upon them) is that today was generally a pretty nice day. For the past few days the niceness of the days has been something of a surprise as the forecasts have frequently suggested either rain or overcast skies. The continuing inaccuracy of the forecasts frustrates me.

-It seems that I have not completely resolved my spider mite problem. This afternoon I noticed that a few of my pea plants seem to be enduring something of an infestation. Shortly after first observing the presence of these unwelcome guests I sprayed the plants with some pesticide. Tomorrow I may try to rinse them with water and move them outdoors (where the mites will also have to put up with harsh Halifax summers). What a bummer.

-When Rebecca returned from Montreal a few weeks ago she brought with her a copy of the game Power Grid. Though in the immediate aftermath of her return we weren't able to play the game we have finally be able to find the time to sneak a few games in. Not surprisingly, Neil has won most of the games we have played. What has been frustrating is not that I have been losing (something I am used), but that I can't seem to figure out a better strategy. That I have been unable to make progress with my gameplay has been frustrating.

-I have been doing quite a lot of reading this week. Assuming that things go as planned tomorrow I will continue along this trajectory tomorrow as well (and also throughout the weekend).

-The Association of Canadian Archivists are holding their annual conference in a hotel just about a block away from our apartment. At least two of my library school friends will be in attendance. I am hoping that I will get a chance to see both of them before they head out of town once the conference is over.

No comments: