Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Ah, Fudge!

For the past few weeks I have wanted to make a batch of fudge. In many ways this is a strange desire as I am not really all that big a fan of fudge. I am not sure that I can remember the last time that I actually purchased fudge.

The conditions to satisfy this desire seem to have all been met today.

I was in the midst of closing a .pdf file that contained a family's favourite recipes when I happened to see a recipe for fudge. A quick evaluation of the ingredient list suggested that I had all of the needed ingredients in my apartment. On top of that, I know that at some point this evening I would need a break from the project I was working on.

So at about 10:00 PM tonight I made my first batch of fudge. As I write the fudge is cooling in the fridge. I imagine that I will have to taste it either tonight before I go to bed or tomorrow morning.

No comments: