Saturday, April 28, 2007

A Few Quick Notes 91

-It seems to be about 6 degrees above freezing and snowing in St. John’s. The forecast seems to be suggesting that by later this afternoon this snow will turn into rain, making things generally unpleasant. Fortunately it is not as windy as it was yesterday.

-For some reason I have almost stopped using my computer for personal reasons since my return. I haven’t been able to figure out why this has happened, though it may have something to do with not having access to a desk. Hopefully my blogging consistency will pick up over the next few days.

-My younger sister Kirsten and I went out for breakfast at the Bagel Café this morning. I think that the event was a success. All in all, the restaurant was pretty much as I remembered.

-When I returned to St. John’s I was surprised to learn that Roll Up the Rim cups were still available. I was able to purchase a few more chances at the big win leaving me with a record of 4/44, all of my wins being coffees.

-On Monday I was able to go to Memorial to pick up my Alumni card, something that allows me to check out books from the university library. On Wednesday I went to the public library to renew my library card. Two library cards in a week, I think that is a personal record.

Just this morning I realized that I will be able to use my new public library card to ILL a book that I have been interested in reading for a few years. Maybe I can head back to the library this afternoon to get the process rolling (that is if they offer ILL services).

-It is amazing how relaxing work seems in relation to this last year of school. While my work projects are on my mind, I don’t have the ability to work on them in a concrete way after hours in the same way that I would with schoolwork.

-It looks as though a big part of my summer will be spent designing, creating, and adding records to an InMagic DB/TextWorks database. One element of the task that I am not looking forward to is having to import records from another database with a different set of fields (which apparently can be done).

1 comment:

Neil said...

I meant to comment on this before, but oh well. Why don't you have a desk? I also meant to tell you that I now have a NS Public Library card. I signed up online and they mailed it to me.