Sunday, April 01, 2007

Beer Shower

Like last night, I had to work at Thomson House tonight. Unlike last night, I was working a function instead of a standard evening. While the evening was a little slow to start, things did eventually pick up.

Amazingly, things picked up so much that within about an hour and a half I had to change three of six kegs in the ballroom. This meant that I had to bring new kegs in from out side and cold kegs up from the keg fridge. Just before putting the finishing touches on the project I had to put the taps back in a few of the kegs I had unhooked.

As I was re-tapping the Moosehead I experienced my first beer shower, a stream of beer that shoots out of the top of a poorly topped keg. This was really quite an event. I got the first blast in the face and then took a pretty good shot to the torso. After a few seconds I was able to remove the tap and stop the flow. At this point I stood back and admired my handiwork. I had managed to spray beer all over the inside of the keg fridge as well as all over the floor and mats just outside the keg fridge. Fortunately the guy cleaning the kitchen had not yet gotten around to mopping the floor.

After all of this keg changing I found that I still had two more kegs to bring in to fill the keg fridge to optimal levels. In some ways I was fortunate that we are out of so many kegs or I would have had to spend another twenty minutes bringing additional kegs.

No comments: