Wednesday, April 04, 2007

My web footprint

A couple of posts ago Cameron mentioned my 'web footprint'. Firstly, that needs a clever word to replace it, if you have any ideas, let me know. Secondly, I'm trying to keep track of my web footprint on del.icio.us. You can check it out. I'm trying to tag the pages on which my name occurs, or which relate directly to me. There are still lots of pages out there that I haven't tagged, but some day I'll get it at least mostly done. Some websites might have my name a multitude of times, in which case I might only tag it once. If anyone comes across my name on the web I'd be very to get an email telling me so.

As for Cameron's web footprint, I've started tracking that too. I've tagged some of his pages with 'cameron'.

I'm a little concerned with my practice of doing this. It would make it really easy for someone to steal my identity and/or stalk me. Essentially I've googled myself and put the results up for everyone to see. Google was what enabled me to find almost all the pages in the first place.

1 comment:

Cameron said...

I don't mind the term "web footprint," though it is possible a snappier term might exist or could be created.