Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter

As some of you might know, today is Easter, one of the most important days in the Christian year (at least that is what they keep telling me).

My big plans for the day revolve around having a classmate over to work on a management assignment that is due on Friday. Amazingly, I have been able to grasp this and make myself feel as though I have ‘proper’ Easter plans.

This is my third non-english Easter. My first non-english Easter occurred in Paris in 1995. My uncle and I were staying in a hotel in China town. Once we both realized that we were to lazy and not catholic enough to make it to Easter mass at Our Mother Cathedral we basically just hung around the hotel (or at least that is my recollection).

Then in 2005 I was visiting a friend in Berlin over Easter. We did all kinds of things as we only had a few days in Berlin, though none of them had anything to do with Easter. It is likely that I ate a donar with only meat and onions (as that is just about all I ate in Berlin).

Now, I am Montreal in 2007, once again doing non-Eastery things. Presumably this year is just a warm up for next year, my fourth Easter in a non-english environment.

No comments: