Monday, June 30, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 191

-Today has been another in the series of less than stellar days that we have had recently. Unlike recent days, thundershowers have been forecast for this afternoon (something of a meteorological rarity in St. John's).

-On Saturday night I went bowling with Greg and Nikita. We first played a game of ten pin before switching over to five pin. The five pin game we played was incredibly close. As we entered the tenth frame it was still anyone's game, though I quickly managed to knock myself out of contention by muffing up my first ball. Eventually Greg found his way to the top, and Nikita to second place, leaving me at the back of the pack.

-Yesterday, while looking through the pantry, I came across some bean soup mix. Not surprisingly, as I am fixated on cooking beans, I decided to try to prepare some of the soup. While I seem to have followed most of the instructions and used most of the called for ingredients it still seems as though the soup as that less than ideal smell that I so frequently get when I prepare beans.

While I have not yet had a chance to try the soup (it will be served for supper tonight) I am pretty sure that it won't be that good, and yet another piece of evidence to suggest that I am completely unable to prepare beans (including coffee).

-This morning, as I prepared myself for work, it appeared to be raining. Given this information, and a desire to have dry clothing at work, I decided to wear my rain suit to work. It seems that almost as soon as I started on my way to work the rain basically stopped, though I was still wearing my rain suit (and sandals). As I continued to walk I hoped that the rain would start, mainly to justify my wearing of a somewhat preposterous outfit (particularly if it is not really raining).

Anyway, the rain stayed away and I was able to arrive at work completely dry, though this had nothing to do with the fact that I was wearing a rain suit.

-We played a few games of Settlers yesterday. I managed to win a few of the games. By the end of the day I was considered enough of a threat to merit the pre-game burn call (an honour that had previously only been bestowed upon Neil). Even more impressive was that I will still able win the final game even though the "burn had been called."

-While looking through some LCC schedules today I learned that their is a class number for materials about the 'hardcore unemployed.' Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to find the class number that would be used for materials about 'hardcore folk music.'

-As it was a little cool this morning I decided that I would wear a sweater under my rain suit. As I was to be heading to a library it seemed most appropriate for me to wear a cardigan. Once I arrived at work I found my boss was also wearing a cardigan, and the other worker had a cardigan (though she wasn't wearing it). I presume my other co-workers would have been wearing cardigans had they not taken today off.

-Just as I was about to head to work my mother asked me if I had been planning on shaving before going to work.. Surprisingly, I actually had been planning on shaving, but seem to have let it slip my mind in the pre-work rush. I guess it will have to wait for another day (likely Wednesday).

No comments: