Friday, January 29, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 388

-Today, unlike much of the week up to today, actually felt a little bit like Winter. Not only has the temperature been below freezing for much of the day, but we also had a little snow (though not as much as other parts of the Maritimes). As much as I enjoyed yesterday's spring-like weather, I am also enjoying the slightly more wintery feel of today.

-Oh man, what a week for domestic achievements.

On Tuesday I did some grocery shopping, though maybe not as much as I should have.

On Wednesday I baked bread and washed a few loads of laundry.

Yesterday I did the normal dinner stuff, but nothing particularly fancy (though we did do some late-night grocery shopping).

Today I went shopping grocery shopping again and baked a cake (dinner prep will start shortly).

The trend should even continue into tomorrow as I plan on doing some cleaning and preparing a turkey.

-Yesterday, as part of my TAship I had the pleasure of assisting in the invigilation of an exam. It was actually pretty fun just to stand up front and watch people as they wrote their exams. One of the aspects of the experience that I enjoyed the most was seeing almost everyone's head be tilted in the same direction (down and towards their writing space). Those that did not fit this model really stood out (these tended mostly to be left-handers in right-handed desks as opposed to cheaters).

-It seems that Elizabeth Marshall has been been appointed to the Canadian Senate to fill the vacant Newfoundland seat.

-Today I decided to have pancake mix pancakes for breakfast. I guess I was interested in comparing the ease and quality against my Batter Blaster experience of last December. Sadly, the Batter Blaster really didn't fare well against the batter mix. What I did learn is that pancakes from the mix are really straightforward and probably something that I should consider making for myself on a more regular basis.

-I went on a bit of a non-alcoholic beer binge last night. I think that over the course of about 3 hours I had almost half a dozen cans of the potent brew.

-Today, in the Globe and Mail movie reviews I came across the name of one of my sister's friends (the movie in question is Grown Up Movie Star). This was kind of funny as I don't think that I would have imagined such an experience when I first met this person as a 5 year-old. I guess if this movie makes it to theaters in Halifax we will have to make an effort to go see it.

-Don't forget to tune into the upcoming blog-off, it should be an exciting race.

No comments: