Monday, November 07, 2011

Am I missing something?

I have been doing some work this afternoon and through a somewhat circuitous route I ended up on looking at a list of members of The Council on Governmental Ethics Laws. Not surprisingly, most of the members on the list appear to be governments or public entities with a pretty explicit stake in the governmental ethics arena. There are also quite a number of law firms, which I guess also makes sense (presumably some specialize in this area of law).

I also noticed that there are a few technology companies that are listed as members. For the life of me I can't figure out why Apple, Oracle, and Xerox would be members of such an organization.

Given that there are at least three such companies with membership in the organization I presume there is a reason for this trend, I just haven't been able to figure it out yet.

No comments: