Wednesday, November 23, 2011

This is getting crazy

It has now been snowing non-stop for about twelve hours. It seems that we must be getting close to 30 cm, if we haven't already passed it. Of course, my 'reference point' hasn't been of any use for the past several hours. (And we have moved from a 'snowfall warning' to a 'winter storm warning.')


What has been amazing about this storm is that it has lived up to, if not exceeded, its hype. The other aspect of this that I find amazing is that given the lead time there hasn't been much ploughing or salting. And I guess I also find it amazing that so many places didn't close today. Didn't they see how much it was snowing?

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

It has been snowing steadily here since 11am. I think, for once, there has been more snow than what was predicted.

Cameron said...

It's pretty crazy isn't it? I guess it was bound to eventually happen.