Wednesday, November 23, 2011

It's worse than I thought

Just a few minutes ago I returned from a trip out into the eye of the storm to retrieve a stuck Jeannette (she and the car had been unable to make it up one of the steeper hills in Wolfville). Anyway, any sense that I might have had that things were slowing down was probably premature. The snow is still coming down quite quickly and it is incredibly slippery on the roads. Even walking on the roads can be tricky. Furthermore, while it still isn't particularly strong, the wind has definitely started to pick up a little.

For those of you who are becoming attached to photos of my reference point, here is the picture I took at about 1:15.

My sense of things is that the accumulation is increasing. Unfortunately, when choosing reference points, I didn't even do a particularly good job of choosing a point that would clearly show the full extent of the accumulation. I would guess that this post is several centimetres shy of what you would find on the ground.

No comments: