Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Because wasting even more time seemed like a good idea

On any given day I waste an embarrassingly large chunk of time on the internet.  While some of this time is spent doing semi-worthwhile things like checking my email or reading news, most of my internet time is spend mindlessly refreshing webpages hoping something will have changed in the past 30 seconds or making posts to an increasingly large gaggle of blogs.

And to top things off, I have recently added another new blog to the list.

This new one's called It's already vegan!

The idea for this blog came from my interactions with friends who are vegans.  Over the past few years I have been thinking about foods that could I could serve them in social settings.  The more I thought about which foods were vegan the more I realized that all kinds of things that we consume on a day-to-day basis are vegan, or can be with a little forethought.  Maybe most importantly, the apparent stigma associated with 'Vegan foods,' a stigma which at one point in my life I may have helped further, is completely ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm not sure that vegans need my help identifying vegan foods or if non-vegans care which foods are vegan or not, but if learning about which foods are vegan from a site that doesn't take things too seriously sounds like something you might be interested in feel free to check this one out.  Maybe from time to time I'll even post something that isn't a failed attempt at humour.

(Oh yeah, and because kids these days demand virality and all that stuff It's already vegan! is already on Twitter.)

No comments: