Sunday, March 11, 2012

Easier the second time

At about 7:40 AM on Friday morning I was started to think that my alarm clock was a reader of this blog, or at least my recent post about looking forward to the recent time change.  I was beginning to think this because, for no apparent reason, in the wee hours of the morning on Friday the alarm clock 'sprung forward' all on its own, and without any indication that it was about to do this.

Of course this meant that I ended up waking up an hour earlier than I had planned.  And because the alarm clock's time had changed I didn't immediately notice the change.  As far as I knew the tiredness I was feeling was nothing more than normal tiredness that is a result of staying up a little too late.

It wasn't until I was part way through breakfast that I looked at the microwave clock and started to sense that something was off.  Instead of saying 8:something AM, the microwave was indicating that it was still 7:something AM.  As the microwave has been at least a few minutes off for the past few months I assumed that it was wrong or partially wrong.

I was eventually able to figure things out by checking the clock on the coffee maker. By finding that this clock, which was not changed to reflect the Autumnal time change, agreed with the alarm clock I was able to finally confirm that the alarm clock was the problem.

The upshot of all of this is that it seemed a little easier to get up this morning at the new time.  Maybe that's because I slept in or maybe that's because my alarm clock prepped me for the change a few days early.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I guess your alarm clock did not know that it was leap year!