Monday, March 12, 2012

A Few Quick Notes 571

-We had another beautiful day in Wolfville today.  I think the temperature even made it up into the low teens.

-The whole Robocall issue has really been heating up - or at least it has seemed that way to me.  My day's productivity has been somewhat undermined by the supposed impending unmasking of the infamous 'Pierre Poutine.'  And frustratingly, at least as far as I can tell, Mr. Poutine has not yet been unmasked.

And today's efforts weren't help by a paper from a SFU prof that suggests that negative robocalling may have had a meaningful impact hit it big on the internets this afternoon.  Interestingly, Kessler, the SFU prof, cites the paper on voter demobilization I linked to a few days ago.  It would seem that there isn't a large literature on the topic.

-I decided to use a bit of my freshly 'milled' 'flour' to make some bread today.


Hopefully this stuff won't taste as bad as the unbaked dough looks.

-Today I learned that a film created by father's former student, People of a Feather, will be screened at 7:00 PM on Wednesday night at the Al Whittle theatre in Wolfville.




[Embedded video]

While I was tempted to go immediately, what sold me on attending is that they have managed to work time-lapse photography into their research program/film.  They even have special towers to get good shots - if you don't believe me check out the trailer embedded above.

No comments: