Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Few Quick Notes 573

-Holy cow, apparently it's 25 and sunny here in Wolfville.  If I wasn't currently being blasted by sun bright sunlight I might be inclined to think that such temperatures would be impossible at this time of the year.


-I guess I must now be 7 for 23 in this year's RUTRTW contest.  I wish I hadn't started reporting my record as I now feel a strange obligation to continue even though I can't imagine anybody cares.

-A few months ago Jeannette and I purchased a 2 pound bag of discount dried soy beans.  Yesterday, for the first time in my life, I tried cooking with formerly dried soy beans.  While they were fine texture wise, they ended up being sweeter (or something like that) than I expected.  Also, I don't think that they were the best choice for a bean curry, but at least I now know that.  Maybe they'd be better in soup?

-This morning for breakfast I decided to bake myself some banana bread.  Turns out that stuff always takes longer to bake than I remember.  In the end this turned out to be a pretty bad plan for breakfast.

No comments: