Sunday, March 11, 2012

New Twitter app idea

As some of you may recall, a few years ago I developed a free Twitter app (and provided an upgrade).  Unfortunately this product did not bring me the fame and fortune I was so desperately craving.  In a fit of frustration/apathy gave up on developing any additional Twitter apps.

It seems that enough time has passed that some of my old wounds have begun to heal and the creative juices have begun to flow through the long-dry creek beds of my mind. I guess this is a pretty convoluted way of saying I have been thinking about another idea for a Twitter app, though this one may require more technical know-how than I currently have.

Anyway the basic idea is that the app would allow me make inane/ill-advised replies to tweets but would then automatically discard these replies instead of actually posting them.  To the user it would look as though the tweet had been posted.

Such an app would allow me to get the satisfaction of making my unfunny/limited value comment but then not have to live with the shame of realizing that my comment wasn't really that funny or witty or remotely useful.  And as much as I would like to be a good Twitterer, I think at this point I would be willing to settle for just not posting too many bad responses.

Maybe I need the same kind of app for this blog?

No comments: