Sunday, March 04, 2012

A Few Quick Notes 567


-Well, we seem to be in the midst of a rather mediocre day in Wolfville.  While it isn't particularly cold, it isn't particularly pleasant either.  The skies are grey and things are generally wet (though it may be the case that some blue is starting to break through).

-I think I must be something like 3 for 12 in the annual RUTRTW contest.  I suspect this count isn't quite right (at least on the consumption side - I know the winning side is accurate).   I continue not to really be trying very hard, and I don't plan on changing my approach any time soon.

What I have been thinking about in relation to this contest is that if there are 47 000 000ish prizes to be won, and the chances of winning are about 1 in 6 does that mean that there are close to 282 000 000 cups printed for this annual event?  And does that mean that, on average, each Canadian is consuming close to 10 participating beverages?  And if the average price of a participating beverage is $1.50 does that mean that over the course of the promotion they are selling something close to $423 000 000 of beverages?  The scale of this whole thing is hard to conceive, particularly when you think that they aren't the only place selling coffee during the event.  I wonder how much land is needed to grow this much coffee?

-Well this year's blog-off seemed to end with a whimper rather than a bang.  For some reason Neil didn't even manage to make a single post, which was definitely a disappointment.  If he continues with this approach to the blog-off I'm going to keep winning in this entirely unsatisfactory manner.  Maybe we will manage to convince him to participate next year?

-Maybe I should get back to work?

No comments: