Sunday, February 08, 2015

A Few Quick Notes 619

-We're currently in the midst of a light snow shower.  Assuming all goes as planned, I'll probably head out in a few minutes to do a little light shovelling.  Of course, depending on the length of this snow shower I may or may not have to head out later tonight to do a little final tidying.

-Fortunately, we've not had all that much snow this winter.  And what snow we did have earlier in the winter was reduced dramatically by a warm stretch we had a few weeks ago.

-The Pet Roombaing has continued unabated.  And as I've previously reported, each session results in far more hair and dust than seems reasonable given the frequency with which the machine is run.  Gross.

-A few days ago Jeannette and I bought about a pound of strawberries.  We consumed them in a single sitting last night as the fruit component of a chocolate fondue session.  Once we ran out of fruit I switched to crackers (we wouldn't want to waste perfectly good chocolate, would we?).

-At the New Year's Eve party we attended one of the attending families brought a chocolate fountain with them.  While the theory is quite similar to chocolate fondue, to get the right consistency for the 'fountain' effect they had to add quite a bit of vegetable oil to the pounds of melted chocolate.  It was probably quite good that I saw the prep stage as I think I am quite unlikely to ever take part in any chocolate fountain activities in the future (not that I'd ever taken part in the past - but now I have a good reason).

-At some point I going to have to figure out what we're going to have for dinner.  B'ys, it just never ends.

-Hope you're enjoying your blog-off content spurt.

Cameron - 8
Neil - 0

No comments: