Saturday, February 28, 2015

A Few Quick Notes 620

-Though a little warmer today, for the past few days we have been waking up to rather frigid temperatures (in the -35 to -40 with wind chill range).  Fortunately, these temperatures have decreased rather dramatically as the days have progressed and, typically, by evening we're up to a comfortable -20ish.

-I'm 1/4 in this year's Roll Up the Rim to Win competition.  I suspect my only entries will be those I purchased while either traveling to and from Edmonton or while I was in Edmonton.  I'll be surprised if I even get a chance to move up to 1/5.

-With ever lengthening days it has been a treat to walk to and from work in full light this past week.  Of course, paired with the cold temperatures we've been having, the full sun and bright skies have been a little dissonant.

-Over the past few days Jeannette and I have been somewhat obsessively watching Orphan Black, a show staring Regina native Tatiana Maslany (who also happens to have been in the Newfoundland-filmed movie Grown Up Movie Star alongside one of Kirsten's school friends).  Of course, because there aren't all that many episodes currently in existence this will necessarily be a short-lived obsession.

-I'm thinking about trying to drag Jeannette out for a walk along the creek/river today.  Aside from the somewhat cool temperatures, it's a perfect day.

Cameron - 14
Neil - 0

No comments: