Thursday, March 29, 2007

A Few Quick Notes 85

-Today was another beautiful day in Montreal. Though the morning was on the chilly side, it was quite comfortable by sundown. It was nice enough that I was able to ride both my bike and my unicycle. Hopefully this type of weather will keep up throughout the week.

-As mentioned above, I was able to crack out my unicycle for the first time this year. Most of my riding was done at McGill. A few days ago I found a good, out of the way spot that allows me to practice without torment (at least so far). I keep wondering why I haven’t seen more unicycles around McGill.

-This afternoon I had the pleasure of heading out on an errand for a friend. She is interested in be buying two mohair shawls for her before my return to Newfoundland. To make it to the store I rode my bike, which is no longer a peggle bike. Without too much trouble I found the store as well as the desired items. The staff was friendly and helpful. Early next week I will have to go back and pick the goods up.

On my way to my final destination I stopped at La Vielle Europe, a cool store on St. Laurent, and picked up some discount herbal tea.

-For dinner tonight I cooked myself a huge batch of sausage soup. I don’t know why I can’ cook reasonable amounts of food for myself.

-When I went to Tim Horton’s today I did not receive a Roll Up the Rim cup, meaning that my record for the year of 3/33 will stand. This is a disappointing record as I am below the advertised win rate, though I must admit it is pretty lose.

-I have to work tomorrow night and Saturday night. Tomorrow night is a swing night in the ballroom, though I don’t exactly know what that entails. On Saturday night there is some kind of private party.

-Over the past few days I have been eating a huge quantity of raw vegetables, typically in the form of leaf free salads.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a question for Neil, although Cameron may have the answer: during trivia, you and the other Mathletes (or Math-Elites)were often trying to complete sudokus that I believed at the time were printed in the Muse. Were these sudokus in the Muse or were they actually from another publication? I tried to find them for my father in some old copies of the Muse that I had lying around, but I had no luck.

Cameron said...

The matheletes were completing Sudoku's found in the Review section of the Globe and Mail.

I must say that this is an odd way of contacting us, since whomever this is clearly knows who we are and has gone to trivia with us on a number of occassions. On the other hand, we do encourage blog commenting and this is not meant to discourage that activity.

Neil said...

I also occaisionally did the Muse sudokus as well, but I did focus on the Globe sudoku. The Muse is changing constantly. Sometimes they have no sudoku, other times they have 1, 2 or even 3.