Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 256

-We are presently in the midst of a rather satisfying snowfall. As of yesterday there was some concern that this could turn into a storm, but this seems to have been averted and thus the spat of cancellations we all hoped for have been called off. I am a little curious to see if we will end up getting the predicted 15 cm, though things seem to be on track for such an accumulation at the moment.

-Neil and I played squash on Thursday. This was the first time I had ever played. Much to my surprise, I found I quite enjoyed the game. Aside from being unable to consistently hit the ball my main problem was my superb ability to knock my legs out from underneath me, a skill that was previously unknown to me. Our plan is to try and play on a semi-regular basis, though we will see how effective academic commitments are in interfering in such a plan.

-Neil and I had another Ultimate game last night. Again we were slaughtered, though the team we were playing was quite pleasant and sportsmanlike about the whole affair. Hopefully next week's game is a little better.

-It that this weekend is shaping up to be rather meatful. We had roast beef last night and will be having turkey this evening. This should mean that we will have plenty of leftovers for the next few days.

-We have really been going through carrots since we returned a week ago. Yesterday Neil had to buy a second 10 pound bag.

-For those of you in the Halifax area, it seems that Sobeys has a few pretty good deals this week. Most noteworthy are the buy one get two free selections, which include hams, potatoes, and pork chops. The three of us are already assuming that at least two trips will be needed to fully take advantage of all of the deals.

No comments: