Friday, January 16, 2009

My Very Own Sea Kitten

It seems that PETA has launched a new campaign, they are now trying to Save the Sea Kittens (read 'fish') from being hunted and needlessly killed.

At first the campaign's supporting website seems to be aimed towards the Finding Nemo demographic, though if you read some of the Sea Kitten Stories you see that they might have a slightly different group in mind.

Anyway, one of the interactive aspects of the website is that you can create your own Sea Kitten, as I have. This is a pretty quick and painless process if you are so inclined. Apparently mine is supposed to be a tuna, though it was the same size as the trout, salmon, and flounder.




I was going to make a Sea Kitten for Neil, but that seemed a little like cheating, and I probably wouldn't be able to channel his design choices appropriately, so I decided to give it a skip. Hopefully I can convince him to make one of these later today.

Edit:

Neil made has now made his own Sea Kitten.


2 comments:

graham said...

I don't know if you saw this, Cameron, but this move by PETA has prompted Stephen Colbert to eat "Land Fish" (read, kittens).

Cameron said...

I hadn't see Colbert's response, but it seems rather appropriate. Thanks.

This story did prompt me to do a little reading on the People for the Eating of Tasty Animals domain name problem, which was also rather amusing.