Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 259

-As predicted, temperatures have dropped rather sharply in Halifax. Much of the day was in the -15 range, though this seemed to feel colder in the morning than in the afternoon (though that doesn't make too much sense). As of just recently it has dropped to -17 and is predicted to go as low as -22. Apparently the people in St. John's think that they have it bad at -9 (though St. John's does have a way of making winter feel particularly painful).

-Neil and went back for another round of squash this afternoon. As much as I tried, I didn't quite manage to knock my feet out from underneath myself, though I did come close on a number of occasions. Aside from a few passable shots, my most impressive move of the day was to hit myself in the thigh with my racket while attempting to serve. Unfortunately, this maneouver didn't also include me hitting the ball. Though I still don't play particularly well, I was able to score a few points on Neil, which made it seem like the experience wasn't a complete waste of time.

-This afternoon I made another trip back to the free crap pile I mentioned a few days ago. Today I managed to find a function set of speakers (such as one might use on their desk) as well as a device designed to keep mugs of hot beverages warm (though I haven't yet tested it to see if it works). Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find what I was looking for, which was the power supply for the Dictaphone, which means that it is still out of commission and keeping me from reaching my full academic potential.

-Though I took a nap this afternoon/evening I am still pretty tired. I guess that is what happens when one has class starting at 8:30 AM and going continuously until 2:30 and then follows this up with a rousing session of squash.

No comments: