Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 257

-It seems that today was a pretty passible winter's day, though I can't say that I spent all that much time outdoors. More importantly, it seems thaw Environment Canada has issued a Winter Storm Watch for Tuesday evening.

-Since my return I have seen very little (or no) activity in the apartment across from my bedroom window. This stands out because prior to our departure the inhabitants of this apartment were on the loud side and frequently were kind enough to make me aware of their presence. I am curious if they have left the apartment, or are taking some kind of extended holiday, or some unfathomable third option.

-This evening, with hopes that it would keep me awake, I decided to make a batch of Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies. While I am pretty pleased with results of the baking, I can't say that the experience woke me up as much as I had hoped (though I do think that the physical activity was better than nothing).

-As we had a turkey yesterday we are now firmly in the midst of a rush to consume our turkey leftovers. This evening I prepared turkey potpie, and later in the week it is likely that I will prepare some kind of turkey soup. With a few sandwiches thrown in it is likely that we should be able to get through everything before we get any spoilage.

-Not surprisingly, now that I have been back in class for a week I am back in the midst of assigned readings. As much as I approve of the concept of assigned readings (what a great statement to make), I was somewhat disheartened to learn that the stack of papers shown below would be the readings I would be responsible for (along with about 14 articles) in the next 6 weeks of one of my courses. Though I am one week in I still don't feel as though I have made much of a dent.





-It seems that my complaining about podcast withdrawal was a little premature, or at least a little unnecessary as at least three of the previously mentioned podcasts (Stop Podcasting Yourself, Jordan, Jesse, Go!, and This American Life) released new episodes last night or today. I should also mention that The Moth (a podcast I forgot to include among my favourites yesterday) released a new episode today. It seems that the only hold outs are The 40 Year Old Boy and Radiolab.

No comments: